SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is the government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world. This is not a grant – if you qualify, you are entitled to this money under the Income Tax Act.
Many Food Developers and Manufacturers qualify for this program. If you answer yes to any of the following questions you could be sitting on an untapped refund.
- Is your food or beverage development company incorporated?
- Do you operate in the field of food sciences?
- Do you develop beers, wines, spirits, or other alcoholic beverages?
- Does your work involve packaging?
- Do you experiment with new ingredients and taste profiles?
- Do you produce innovative or new products that are challenging?